This year, Kaliop Group organised their first internal competition for innovative projects : The Koding Challenge.
The objective was to challenge the teams while, at the same time, developing the multi-discipline skills needed to create an innovative project : UX / graphics / development / pitching ability.
Kaliop thus became the first integrator of Kuzzle.
A Kaliopteam Open, Smart and Agile :
- Open : the applications developed had to be based on the Kuzzle back-end :
- open-source : using 100% open source technologies
- open mind : in addition to learning about Kuzzle, the teams also discovered new development tools like Vue.js
- Smart : the competition rewarded the best projects in front of a jury of industry experts . The coding review was conducted by the Kuzzle team, but the quailty and innovation of the applications greatly influenced the final selection of the Jury.
- Agile : this initiative has really helped the Kuzzle team in its role as software publisher, by responding to user requests.
This year, 5 teams rose to the challenge by using Kuzzle to roll out their application in record time.
Read more on Kuzzle.io blog : Koding challenge 2016 : only a few days to develop innovative projects
Testimonial from Pierre Alzingre, Visionari CEO :
To give all employees the chance to get away from their day to day tasks and think out of the box is an opportunity that all organisations should allow. If we talk a lot about goodwill in management today, Kaliop goes a step further, by allowing their employees to develop their self confidence. Those involved in the Koding Challenge imagined new products and services that are worthy of becoming real innovative projects. To get them to pitch in front of people like us, from outside the Group, is to show them that their quality is recognised and that they can be proud of their commitment. Finally, Kaliop showed us that new businesses must better engage and involve their teams by giving them the tools, a working environment and total confidence in the quality of their work.
The big pitch
After technical validation by the Kuzzle team (technical quality, ease of maintenance, appropriate use of Kuzzle, originality …), 5 teams were able to pitch before the Grand Jury of industry experts :
Examples of key points evaluated by the jury :
- innovative nature of the project
- service provided / benefit
- the quality of the pitch
— Jeff (@Modulaweb) 29 juin 2016
The awards ceremony was a new step for the 5 teams, each was able to present its live project to 100% of the Group (live streaming). Finally the winners were rewarded for their efforts ( trophy presentation for the winners, and the event t-shirts).
— Kaliop (@Kaliop) 30 juin 2016
The Koding Challenge 2016 was a rich and rewarding experience for everyone at Kaliop
Françoise Nauton-Inglis, Kaliop Group CEO :
We have demonstrated that with Kuzzle, we stimulate innovation, it actually reduces the application development time, it allows our teams to think outside the box. The final results during the Grand Jury were really close, this is proof of the high quality, maturity and inventiveness of what was produced during the Challenge. Congratulations to all the teams”!
Kuzzle has helped the teams to build innovative applications in just a few days